I am Turjoy Chowdhury, a practicing freelance documentary photographer and photojournalist based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. From the childhood I am connected with various cultural activities such as reciting, drawing, music, theater, TV performance etc and also achieved several National, Asian-Pacific and International awards. I was Junior Ambassador (2002) and Peace Ambassador (2008) of Asian-Pacific Children Convention (APCC) organized by BRIDGE Club International Organization (BCIO-Japan).
I am seriously in the field of photography since 2011. Documentary Photography attracts me most because this is an art of telling stories. Through photography I search for different aspects and meaning of life. I believe Documentary Photography has the power to express a lot of things rather than words and it helps me to get lost in the people and life and I want to practice photojournalism/Documentary photography not only as a profession, but as a social service as well. Though it’s not possible to change a whole society through photography alone, at least I want to make some contribution to it with my photography.
I am available for assignments.
Facebook: Turjoy Chowdhury
Documentary photography and Photojournalism Workshop
- “Visual Story Telling” by GMB Akash
- “Visual literacy and Introduction to photojournalism” by M R Hasan and Sumon Yusuf
- “Fundamental of Photojournalism” by M R Hasan
Awards and Honors
- “Lucie Foundation Emerging Scholarship” 2015 – Shortlisted
- “Emerging Talent Jury Winner”, “Honor Award” & “Honorable Mention” in the Eye Time 2015 – Photo Competition
- “Jessica Lum Award” & “Future Voices Jury Award” in the Eye Time 2014 – Photo Competition.
- Photocrati Fund, 2014 – Finalist
- Photophilontrophy Activist Awards, 2013 (student Category) – Grand Prize
- Mro Foundation grant, 2014 – Shortlisted
- Sony World Photography Award, 2014 – Nominated
- Carnegie Council’s International Student Photo Contest, 2013 – 2nd Prize
- HIPA – 2013 (Categories: General, The Street Life and Black and White) – Shortlisted